Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spring Cleaning: The Linen Closet

So now we are onto the linen closet. What is learking in there? Have you organized yours lately? I recently reorganized mine. I wish I had taken before photos, but I forgot, so you just get the after shot.

CONTAINERS, CONTAINERS, CONTAINERS!!! Oh, and did I mention CONTAINERS! Finding containers to keep thing organized is key here. I found these slide-out drawes at Walmart and they work perfectly, plus I can see what is in them!

The picture above is the top half of my linen closet. Since it is located in the hallway near the bedrooms and bath I keep a lot of extra bath supplies in here. I have a bin for  extra lotions, shampoos and creams, another for band aids, antiseptic sprays and sunscreens, another for extra toothpastes and extra toothbrushes, one for children's medicines and another for nebulizer meds and supplies.

The bottom two shelves hold towels and on the floor I have extra toilet paper and paper towels.

So to clean:

1. First remove everything.
2. Check expirations of medications and discard any old medications.
3. Really think about what you use/need. Discard anything you don't. Keep in mind you want to only keep what you need because we don't want it to get cluttered again.
4. Wipe down all shelves. (you may want to line the shelves with some cheerful shelf liners)
5. Get some containers for your items (remember to measure before shopping for containers)
6. Put items back in.
7. Enjoy having a place for everything and everything in its place and not an avalanche every time you open the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment