Saturday, June 15, 2013

How to Clean Your Dyson

Hi All! Just Cleaning out my laundry room and got my vacuum particularly dirty (post on spring cleaning laundry room coming soon) and had to clean it before I would even think of using in on the rest of my house, so I thought I would share how I clean my Dyson.

First of all, let me say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new Dyson. I had one previously but after having allergies and asthma diagnosis in the house I wanted to get a HEPA filter vacuum. The old Dysons are not HEPA (and that is the ONLY reason I decided to get a new one- old was was still working great after 5+ years), but they have new ones that are. Here is my Dyson.

As you can see from the picture above...pretty yucky! First I emptied the canister (outside) then I took  the filters out (there are two)and rinsed them in the sink.
Next I took all the attachments and canister and rinsed them out in the sink with warm water. Then I sprayed those with my favorite new cleaning product, by trusty Organic Basic H and rinsed them again.
Yuck!! See all that gunk!
 
 
Then I cleaned the vacuum itself by spraying with my Basic H and wiping down with a cloth.
 
 
 
Just in case you aren't grossed out enough.. here's more yucky pics.
 
I turned the vacuum upside down and attacked all the hair that was caught up in the brushes.
 



I let all the parts dry for like 48 hours and then I put in back together. All ready to do some more cleaning!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment