Monday, April 29, 2013

How to get the Musty Smell Out of Your Towels

Well if you have been following along it will come as no surprise that my secret weapon will once again be Vinegar!

I recently went in to my dryer to get a load of laundry out and it smelt like the laundry had been in there for days and I know that it hadn't. So I rewashed the load, sprayed the inside of my dryer with vinegar and wiped and then ran a towel dampened with vinegar through a dry cycle. When it no longer smelt and the laundry was washed I redried them and they smelt fine. Now several days went by and I opened the dryer, this time to a load of towels and I smelt the musty smell again. This time the answer was staring me in the face- the towels!!! So I put them in the wash, this time after adding the laundry detergent I added roughly 1 cup White Vinegar (I eye-balled it) to the load. This time they came out with no smell and when I dried them the dryer didn't smell- YEAH! So the moral of the story- always wash towels in HOT water and add 1 cup vinegar to keep them smelling clean!
Happy Laundering! :)

1 comment:

  1. I must try this again: I have some stubborn towels that resist all my efforts to make them feel as nice as I'd want! I tried with baking soda and vinegar once, but maybe I didn't use enough... Anyway, another try is in order! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete